June Bloom

Hello again.  So, the month of May has come to an end.  Boy that went quick! I'm not sure if it flew by because I did my best to keep busy or if I have finally come to terms with the fact that June has made it's way back again.  I would normally be OK with June, after all it is the beginning of summer. It is also my birthday, eh not so excited about that these days. But, June also marks the one year anniversary of my father's death.  Talk about opening a fresh wound.  Then of course, father's day is just a couple of weeks later.  I am so conflicted about that day. On the one hand I have this wonderful husband who happens to be an excellent father and deserves all the recognition and acknowledgement that goes with being a dad...on fathers day. But on the other, I just feel like I only want to celebrate my dad and since he's no longer here then what's the point? I know, I'm not the only person on the planet who is feeling this way, but I'll admit that I sort of feel like I am. Do I really have to get out of bed that day? Maybe I can just sleep through Sunday and go right to Monday. But since that's not likely to happen with a house full of dependant maniacs, then I guess I'll just have to put on my big girl pants and just face whats coming.




If you have been looking around the blog site, you might have noticed the page dedicated to my dad's memory.  If you have seen it..THANK YOU for taking the time to read it. If you haven't please feel free to explore.  The  page talks about my dad and all his wonderful qualities, and that is just a small list, anymore and we would just be bragging. Anyway, it also talks about how we lost him to heart failure that was brought on by a stroke that was caused by a bad heart due to hypertension which all started with diabetes.  My father struggled with his disease for as long as I could remember.  It was just something he lived with and he had it so long it was almost like a trait of his.  We all talked about the diabetes and we all knew of his disease, but I can't think of one time that my dad complained or felt sorry for himself. He just accepted it and dealt with it. There was one thing though that he could not bear to live with and that is knowing that one of his four kids could get it as well.  He worried more about us than himself. Always warning each of us and reminding us to take care of ourselves. His words have really come to heart with me. I will not let my dad's biggest concern for us be in vain. I have decided to do all that I can to live a healthy life style. I've began to eat clean, exercise and just do all that I can to ensure that I won't fall victim to that dreaded disease.  That is why we have decided that with this blog we will talk about eating well and share exercise tips. I'd like to motivate you and I'd like to know that you can motivate me.


We will have a page strictly for healthy tips. Please feel free to contribute! We can do this together, the more knowledge we can get, the stronger we can become.
Thanks for reading this and letting me vent.  Lets talk again soon!

Comments

Popular Posts